Thursday, September 5, 2013

To my viewers,

I would like to tell you a little bit more of what I do with the art I make...

Of all areas in digital arts, I consider digital imaging to be my primary medium. I have grown more familiar to the Photoshop program then I have any other program, mostly due to having worked on images both in-class and on my free-time. I have made mostly solitary images of characters and comic pages, and will continue to do so.



However, I have, from time to time, ventured into other mediums, such as glass and alternative-surface prints.







My style features a variety of different attributes, depending on which "story" I work on. Some are stylized characters with more lighthearted personalities, while others are darker and more realistic. I do not just draw my characters for show, though. Even with solitary pieces, I tend to give the piece a specific theme or idea behind it, whether it be through the use of color and or the expressions of characters and scenery alike.





An artist whose works I find to be similar, in a sense, to what I make is Bobby Chiu. Though his pieces pay more attention to detail, he uses his style and content to make each piece and its contents either light-hearted or dark. From odd creatures with goofy expressions to shadowy monsters, Chiu's style can go either direction and still fit the tone.

This is only a little taste of what is to come! Or may I make a piece or two unlike what I have done before?

Happy drawing!

-Aaron Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment